Published on February 22nd, 2017 | by admin0
Getting to Know Which Metal Detector Should I Buy and Why?
Let’s start off with a question, have you used a metal detector before? Are you familiar with the types and properties of a metal detector? If the answer is no, then this article is especially for you. If you have a rising question in your head that says, ‘What metal detector should I buy?’ then keep on reading and you will hopefully get your answers.
Types and Specifications
Depending on the needs these metal detectors can be categorized in different sectors. Such as –
- Very Low Frequency (VLF) – These types of metal detectors are used for the variety of purposes. VLFs are seen to be used in regular searches for metal, gold and silver as they are quite reasonable for a best metal detector. The VLFs cannot stand hot areas as well as dig too deep into the ground thus these are used for light searches such as highest two feet under the ground. Now, If you are a treasure hunter by hobby then this is a good option for you to choose from. These are cheap and user-friendly. It’s sure to give you fun and comfort while using them.
- Pulse Induction (PI) – The PI detectors are more specified for treasure hunting. Gold and Silver diggers mainly use it for detecting even a small amount of metal from a wide depth under the ground. This way they can ensure that they are not leaving any drop of valuables behind. Though these are quite effective on hot grounds but are also more costly than the VLFs. If you plan to be a professional or rather serious gold/silver tracker then don’t worry about the price and go for the quality which you can be sure of from this category.
- Beat Frequency Oscillation (BFO) – This is a popular choice of beginners as it is inexpensive and easy to use. The functions are similar to VLF but the major pros and con with this detector is that it cannot differentiate between trash and treasure. One way or other it does allow the user to collect anything from bottle caps to coins to gold. In other words, it’s basically for fun and leisure tracking. So, if you or your kids want to have some pirate adventure with little to no effort used, you can go for the BFOs.
Short Description about Best Metal Detectors 2017
- Fisher F4 – Award winning detector for sorting trash and treasures for beginners at the range of $399.
- Garrett Ace250 – Another good choice for beginners with its light weight and easy usage at the price of $212.
- Teknetics Delta 4000 – With its tracking ID features it’s a must for starters at $279. This is one of the best metal detector for gold.
- TekneticsEurotecPro DD – It’s a high build quality with excellent metal detecting skills for $299.
- Bounty Hunter Pioneer – It’s light and comfortable for a long term usage at the price of $165.
Things to Keep in Mind before Buying
For a beginner, you should never buy detectors just by listening to one person. Scan the market and know your options. Plus, you should know why you need it and how much work are you going to do with it. Lastly, keep a check on the pricing and specifications before buying. Go through these and I can guarantee that you won’t fail. Happy tracking guys!